Other Organization Events
- Saturday June 15th, 2013 Pedal for Preservation West Morris Central High School in Chester, NJ: Affordable rail trail ride on the Columbia Trail. 7-14-28 mile routes, lunch, and live entertainment included. $25/pp discounts for early reg. and young riders. Benefits The Land Conservancy of New Jersey’s efforts to preserve and protect natural land and water resources.
- Saturday June 15th, 2013 Bike for the Bun - Bulls Island State Park, NJ. The Bike for the Buns event is a fund raising bicycle ride along the scenic towpaths within Bull's Island State Park to benefit Safe Haven Rabbit Rescue, Inc. of Clinton, NJ. Bull's Island Recreation Area, located near Stockton, NJ, comprises a portion of a small forested island surrounded by the Delaware River and the Delaware & Raritan Canal. Biking along the beautiful towpath trails is both scenic and relaxing for any level rider. There will be 10 and 20 mile rides and shorter routes, T-shirts, souvenirs and a picnic. There is a registration fee of $25 (teams of 4 or more) or $27 (individuals before June 1st).
- June 21-26, 2013 Bike Virginia (26th year) Berryville, Virginia: June’s event will offer nearly 400 miles of riding over 6 days with your choice of terrain and distances. Registration $115 to $575.
- Saturday June 29th, 2013 Racin 4 Mason Hardwick, NJ: Please join me, Tom Mason, Chairman of YMCA Camp Mason’s Board of Trustees, for the fourth annual Racin’ for Mason fundraising cycling event, a hilly 67-mile route starting on Van Dyke Road in Hopewell and finishing at YMCA Camp Mason in Hardwick, NJ, Warren County. Help the Camp provide financial aid to kids whose folks aren’t able to afford the tuition for summer sleepover camp. In return for your tax deductable contribution of $120 you’ll be on the team, receive a Verge Sport, race cut, 2013 Racin’ for Mason team jersey, socks and two water bottles. Full sag support along the way, a hardy lunch at camp, the opportunity for a cool dip in the pool, and transportation (for our southern team) for you and your bike back to Hopewell are all included.
- Wednesday July 10th thru Sunday July 14th, 2013 17th Annual Harbor House 400 Jackson, NJ. Presented by the Ocean Harbor House: As it has been the last few years, the ride offers 3 levels of participation: a 5-day, 3-day and 1-day ride. All of the rides will be taking place from July 10th to the 14th. The 5-day ride begins in Jackson, New Jersey and will be about 400 miles and start on July 10th, the 3-day ride will be approximately 225 miles and these riders will join the 5-day riders on July 12th, and the 1-day 25 mile ride is held on July 14th at Windward Beach Park in Brick, New Jersey.
- Sunday July 14th, 2013 American Cancer Society's 41st Annual Bike-a-thon Philadelphia to the Buena Vista Camping Park in Buena, NJ: Since its beginning, Bike-a-thon has raised over $18 million for the American Cancer Society. This is a bike ride (not a race) for cyclists of all skills and ages.
- Sunday July 21st, 2013 The Lemon Ride Philadelphia Central Bucks - West, 375 West Court Street, Doylestown, PA: The Lemon Ride Philadelphia is a one-day bicycle tour benefiting Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation dedicated to realizing Alex's dream of eradicating childhood cancer. The event invites cyclists of all calibers to contribute to the battle against childhood cancer. New for 2013, the Lemon Ride offers four different course lengths ranging from a 5 mile family ride to a 63 mile ride (a metric century) for more experienced cyclists. All routes start and finish at Central Bucks High School. Lunch, snacks and a limited edition Lemon Ride water bottle are provided, as well as SAG support and rest stops throughout the ride. The opportunity to fundraise prior to the event is available and prizes will be awarded to top individual and team fundraisers.
- Sunday July 28, 2013Tour de Long Valley The Tour de Long Valley, is back again this year for its 4th year!! This year the event will be organized by Cycle Craft. After an enormously successful event last year again with well over 600 riders and close to 100 volunteers. There will be 3 courses again this year to challenge every one of all ability. Please head over to the events registration link located at: Registration and register today!!
- Friday June 28th - Sunday June 30th, 2013 UCI Mountain Bike World Cup Windham, NY: The World Cup festivities will will feature The Monster Energy PRO GRT Downhill, Stan’s No Tubes XCT Cross Country, and Super D. This event is open to riders of all abilities, from first timers to seasoned professionals. Spectators are welcome.
- Wednesday July 31st- Thursday Aug 1, 2013 Bike 4 Chai - Join 200 cyclists for the 4th Annual Bike4Chai two-day cycling tour that will change your life - and the lives of over 400 very sick children! Multiple ride lengths, over one or two days. Starting from the beautiful beaches of the Jersey Shore, thru scenic roads and mountains with breath taking views, and ending in Glen Spey, NY with a triumphant entrance into Camp Simcha Special – Chai Lifeline's medically supervised overnight camp for seriously ill children.
- Saturday August 3, 2013 Princeton Bicycling Event Princeton, NJ: Flat/rolling 16, 23, 35, 50,65 and 100 miles, Almost hilly 65 miles. Tour the beautiful countryside around central New Jersey with cyclists from all over the eastern US. Tours typically range from an easy 16-mile ride to a scenic century, from flats to rolling hills. Pre-register for faster check-in and a Free Event T-Shirt. All registrants are welcome to enjoy our rest stop snacks, a post-ride lunch, and are invited to shop at our on-site vendor area.
- Saturday Aug 10th, 2013 Green Branch Park Ride Green Branch Park, 299 Upper Neck Rd (Rt 690)Pittsgrove, New Jersey: An event by the South Jersey Wheelmen. Two 50 mile loops and Two 25 mile loops. The route is mostly on the scenic rural roads of Salem, Cumberland and Gloucester Counties. The terrain is flat to slightly rolling - good for any level rider! Ride it fast or slow, the choice is yours. Along the way there are a few stores and deli's on or near the route. Fee: $20.00 if register by Aug. 1, 2012, then $25.00 .
- Saturday Aug 17 and Sunday Aug 18, 2013 Team LIVESTRONG Challenge Philly Montgomery County Community College, Blue Bell, PA. - The Team LIVESTRONG Challenge Philly will once again take to the streets of Blue Bell and the surrounding countryside for what has become one of LIVESTRONG’s most successful fundraising events. This family-friendly event at the Montgomery County Community College offers participation and volunteer options for everyone, regardless of experience. You can choose to participate individually, or you can start a team with friends or family. Remember, unity is strength and your fundraising efforts go to support the Foundation’s programs and services, providing life-saving and life-changing opportunities to cancer survivors and their families.
Please keep in mind that any participant registered for a cycling event will be required to raise $250 in addition to the registration fee.
- Sunday Aug 18th, 2013 The Ramapo Rally Campgaw Mountain County Park, Mahwah, NJ: Presented by BTCNJ, six scenic rides from 12 to a challenging 125 miles. Experienced bike ride leaders, who are familiar with the routes, are available to escort groups on every level of rides. Stocked rest stops, SAG support and an after ride lunch. Free bike inspection and maintenance is offered to all registered riders. Certified bicycle technicians set up a complete and fully stocked bike repair facility.
- Saturday, August 24th, 2013 SCU Lake Nockamixon Century Doylestown, PA: 25, 50, 75, 100 and 107 miles.
- Monday, Sept. 2nd, 2013 Donut Derby 2013 Hosted by the Lehigh Wheelmen: Valley Preferred Cycling Center (T-Town Velodrome), 1151 Mosser Rd, Trexlertown, PA 18031
- Sunday, Sept. 8th, 2013 Gran Fondo NJ Morristown, NJ: Ride with George Hincapie - Grand Marshall. Sponsors include Marty's Reliable Cycle, Jamis Bicycles, Hicapie Sports Wear and others.
- We have added bib shorts and specific women's sizing to our Cycling clothing line, and featuring high tech Hincapie Sportswear jerseys and shorts.
- In response to our 2012 rider survey, the 2013 KoM and QoM awards will now be awarded by age category.
- Our ever popular Mass Start will be split into Gran, Medio and Piccolo/Breve departures.
- We will be going to an "electronic waiver" for Gran Fondo NJ 2013 - this should make for more efficient packet pick up, and aligns with our sustainability initiatives.
- The popular Kid's Fondo will be back (September 7th) bigger and better than ever.
- Sunday September 8th, 2013 NYC Century New York City, NY: 100 miles
- Sunday Sept. 15th Gap GiddyUp 2013 Hosted by the Lehigh Wheelmen: : DeSales University, Center Valley, PA, Registration: $35.00 (Opens May 1, 2013). Pre-registration only...NO DAY OF REGISTRATION
- Saturday Sept. 21st, 2013 Bike MS 2013 Morristown, NJ. Come be a part of Bike MS and get ready for the ride of your life. Whether you’re new to Bike MS or ride every year, together we will raise money, have fun, and make a difference in the lives of people living with MS. Registration
- Saturday Sept. 21st, 2013 Jersey Shore Tour de Cure Bradley Park, Asbury Park, NJ: Rides from Easy Family Ride to 100 miles.
- Saturday Sept. 21th, 2013 Jersey Devil Century Centerton, NJ. Presented by the South Jersey Wheelmen, Centerton: 25, 50, 75, 100 miles. Fee: $25.00 if register by Sept. 12, 2013, then $20.00.
- Saturday September 21 and Sunday 22, 2013 Bike MS: Great New Jersey Country Bike Ride 445 South Street, Morristown, NJ: 2 Day - 100 mile (50 mile per day), 1 Day - 20 mile (Sat), 50 mile (Sat or Sun).
- Sunday 22, 2013 Ride with the Camels Orange County Bicycle Club presents the Orange County Country Roads Fall Foliage Bike Tour, also called "Ride with the Camels." Rides of 10, 21,42 and 63 miles. Country roads - big sky- music - Homemade food served at well stocked rest stops - horses - cows - camels! Starts and ends at the Warwick High School, Warwick, NY. Pre-registration $40. Register thru Active.com and type in "Orange County Country Roads Bicycle Tour Ride with The Camels".
- Sunday September 22, 2013 Bike Fresh, Bike Downingtown, PA / Chester County. Pennsylvania Association for Sustainable Agriculture's (PASA) 6th Annual BIKE FRESH, BIKE LOCAL ride offers different route options to make this the perfect ride for those who haven't been on their bike in a while to cyclists looking for a challenge. Get your family, friends and co-workers out to appreciate the beautiful rolling hills of Chester County and see where our food comes from! Online registration for $40 will be available until Sept. 18. Walk-in registration for $45 will be accepted at the event.
Proceeds support PASA’s work in Eastern Pennsylvania on behalf of family farms growing fresh fruit, vegetables, and humanely raised poultry, beef and pork. On line Registration
- Sunday,October 20th, 2013 Covered Bridges Bicycle Ride Tinicum Park, along the shores of the Delaware River, sponsor by the Central Bucks Bicycle Club: A recreational cycling event featuring historic covered bridges, beautiful fall foliage and a variety of bicycle rides for riders of every age and ability. Choose from flat, family-friendly routes of 20 or 30 miles (travel primarily on fine-cinder trails closed to traffic) or try hilly, challenging 33, 50 or 63 mile routes (travel on paved roads open to traffic). All routes are well-marked and SAG-supported. Rest stops feature home made baked goods. A hot lunch is served at the finish line
- October, 2013 Philadelphia Bike Expo 23rd St Armory, 22 S. 23rd St Philadelphia, PA 19103 Comining Soon. Many exhibitors and seminars.
Federal Transportation Bill
At least no federal aid for bicycling and walking will be killed for a few more months. Congress couldn't agree on a surface transportation bill when the latest one expired on March 31. So it extended current law through June 30. Read more: Surface transportation legislation extended through June