Pace & Terrain Info: Path & Trail Rides
ALL PATH AND TRAIL RIDES ARE SCHEDULED DURING FULL DAYLIGHT HOURS PACE: Varies with type, terrain and group.
- MB Mountain bike required (Bike with 26-inch or 29-inch knobby tires, flat bars)
- HB For MB's or Hybrids (road-sized frame with flat bars, wide tires, pedals that allow EZ off and on) Tires should be at least 28mm or 1 1/2 inches wide; some road bikes will accept 28mm tires, but road bikes not recommended.
For MB rides (Trail)
For HB rides (Path)
- HT Highly technical - may include steep climbs/descents, very rocky, large intentional obstacles, drop-offs - for very experienced riders only
- MT Moderately technical - may include some steep climbs/descents, water crossings, some rocks or roots - for lower intermediate riders and up
- NT Not technical - relatively smooth hard pack with few or no steep hills or obstacles - riders of all abilities
- NH Not technical for hybrid bikes. All HB rides will have an NH terrain rating. Trails are generally hard pack and may be partially paved - riders of all abilities. Road bikes with 28 mm tires OK, but hybrid still better.